After using your heated apparel repeatedly for hiking, cycling, riding your motorcycle, climbing, skiing, skating, horseback riding, or just while going out to get some pizza with your friends, the truth is that your heated clothes won’t stay clean forever. There comes that time when your favorite heated jacket needs to “take a shower”.
But you’ve got your doubts. You may be afraid that its heating elements will stop working if you give your jacket a “bath”. And besides, you’ve been told that cable circuits normally don’t get along with water (your hair dryer’s warning label gives you a warm reminder every time you use it).
Can you wash a heated jacket?
The great news is that there’s no need to be afraid! You can wash your ORORO heated jacket with peace of mind, as long as you follow the instructions below. This requires special care so please make sure to follow all the steps.
How to wash ORORO heated jacket/ vest
The following are the 6 steps you must follow to wash your ORORO heated jacket, vest, or hoodie:
Step 2: Make sure you put the connector cable back and close the zipper pocket.
You want to keep the power cable safe, so once you’ve removed the battery from your heated jacket or heated vest, you must put back the connector cable and close the zipper. This will protect it during the washing cycle.
Step 3: Place your jacket inside a mesh laundry bag.
The wiring of your heated gear is delicate and requires additional care. We recommend that you put it inside a mesh laundry bag.
Step 4: Machine-wash it.
- No dry cleaning. Your heated jacket prefers being washed in the washing machine at home, than at the dry cleaner’s. That’s good news, ain’t that right? This can save you a few bucks. Even if you do want to dry-clean it, please don’t. It also prefers machines with no agitators in the center, but if that’s the one you’ve got the use of the mesh bag will be very helpful. You can even place it inside a pillowcase.
- Cold and gentle cycle. You need to treat it with care. Make sure to set your machine to gentle cycle and wash it in cold water. Though you may not like cold showers your ORORO loves them!
- Do not bleach: Bleach will damage your heated clothing so it’s a no-no.
Step 5: Dry it.
- Do not wring or twist: We know you want it to dry quickly so you can use it as soon as possible, but squeezing or twisting it will damage the wiring
- Line dry: Heated apparel doesn’t like drying machines and needs to be line-dried. Another alternative is to lay it flat on top of a towel. Just make sure that you turn it over to the other side every now and then so that both sides dry up.
- Do not iron: You can prevent wrinkles by removing it from the washing machine as soon as possible.
You’re all set and ready for using that heated vest that you love once more! It’s time to wear it again with all the style you’ve got.
How to store your heated clothing?
So, that’s all! Now you can invite your favorite heated jacket or vest for a “bath” when you feel it’s necessary. You don’t need to wash it every time you wear it, but deep inside you, you’ll always know when it’s time for taking your ORORO out on a date with the washing machine.
For more information on how to take care of your ORORO heated gear, please make sure to read your product’s User Manual.
Any more questions? Remember that you can always reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions.